4.11.2010

Happy Anniversary



We celebrated my in-laws wedding anniversary this weekend. This is the card I made for them.

Knowing I wanted to use my Vintage Vogue stamp set, I then chose my color combo. I wanted Old Olive for the vines, so I choose Pink Pirouette and Rose Red to accompany the Olive. Each flower was hand cut and embellished with a half back white pearl from the Pretties kit.

I do not own a stamp with "Happy Anniversary". How is that? This one is okay, but a little too "beginning of the relationship" rather than "married a really long time" type of sentiment. Oh well, couldn't be helped when I was making this card an hour before the celebration. {Have I ever mentioned I am a last minute kind of gal?}.

Since I was using some of my hoard of pretties, I also used some Hodge Podge hardware. I hoard this stuff. Why, I don't know since I can buy more if I need it. Seriously, its ridiculous, but I do know I am not alone hoarding embellishments!

Happy Stamping!

Gigi








3 comments:

  1. On behalf of all of us who got to sign this striking, spring-y and very special card, thanks for creating it! It was perfect and 'at the last minute' totally works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card!
    I hoard too, this is going to be a problem with the Color Renovation. Watch for LOTS of buttons and things on the upcoming creations!
    I love that you cut out each of those flowers, it looks stellar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love this card. Very classy looking. Nice job! I am sure that your parents/in-laws loved it too!

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete