10.16.2009

Downline Meeting

My upline is having a downline meeting this Friday. I am looking forward to it as I had to miss the last one and its always a fun evening of creating, gabbing and munching!

I am in charge of creating a make 'n take. I came up with this gift card holder. I am still not 100% sure this will be my final project. If you know me at all then you know I work best under pressure and will probably get inspired after work on Friday and whip something entirely different up for the meeting at 7pm!

This is a 4-1/4" by 11" piece of Brocade Blue cardstock that has been scored at 3-1/4", 5" and 7-3/4". The centre score is a mountain fold and the two end scores become valleys. The centre portion is adhered on its backside with sticky strip (but NOT on the fold side). On the fold side of the centre portion, I used my word window punch about 1/2" in from both the top and bottom and then my 1-1/4" circle punch in the centre of the punched word window. Make sense? This creates the pocket for the gift card.



The front started with a piece of Brocade ribbon then was layered with Very Vanilla and Bashful Blue. The blue was run through my Big Shot with the Perfect Details Texturz plate. This image from Tree Trimings was first stamped in Brocade Blue on a piece of Very Vanilla which was then layered on Brocade Blue. The ornament was again inked up in Brocade and I used a sponge dauber to apply some Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint to the rubber (yes, right on top of the ink). This image was then cut out and adhered with dimensionals.

This is one of my favorite ways to package a gift card.

Happy Stamping!

Gigi

1 comment:

  1. Is this the project I missed? I looks great! You chose fabulous colors and the overall look of the finished product is 'thumbs up'
    Have you got any full packs of 12X12 Real Red kicking around? I goofed and need it ASAP (faster than SU will get it to me)

    ReplyDelete