2.27.2010

Welcome Baby Reed!

A sweet new baby to love arrived this week: my nephew Reed.

With Reed's arrival, my Katie is still the only female grandchild on her Dad's side of the family. She was really hoping for a girl cousin, but it wasn't to be! She is Grandpa's only princess. Regardless, she fell in love when she met him.

Anyway, this post is supposed to be about Reed, or rather Reed's card, not Katie! Started with a 5-1/4" Chocolate Chip square card (it seems I haven't used this size in a long time), added a layer of Whisper White, then Taken with Teal. Another layer on the bottom half of the card of Chocolate Chip and a design from the Sale-A-Bration pack of DSP, Welcome Neighbor. I used my Scallop Edge punch on these pieces. {By the way, Sale-A-Bration is on until March 31st}.

The letters were done with my Timeless Type Sizzlits. I think I should have embossed them, but I thought of that after I had them on! Two pewter brads were added the top left side to fill up bare space. The star and the sentiment are from Nursery Necessities. And, of course, ribbon, cause I love ribbon, especially wide grosgrain ribbon! I think this is called a tailored bow, but whatever, it suited the card.

Happy Stamping from the proud Auntie!

Gigi

3 comments:

  1. Isn't Reed a lucky little man to have a crafty Auntie. He will love it, Gisele. See you on Friday
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great card. It is not too baby-ish, but still perfect to welcome the little fellow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reed & Luke are truly blessed to have such a creative and loving Auntie! Both boys received unique personalized cards upon their arrivals and I am excited to frame and hang the cards in their rooms! Thanks, Gigi! We love the cards and we love you too!

    ReplyDelete