8.14.2009

Out of my little box

The SoShelli Creative Challenge this month is to create a project using only paper, ink and stamps. This is a serious challenge. Really, have you created much lately without brads, pretties, hodgepodge, punches (maybe those would be okay, but I stuck to the absolute basics) and oh my, this one made me hyperventilate, a card with NO RIBBON! None. Not one little scrap.

The challenge "rules" weren't really detailed but we could use cutting tools so for me this meant I could use my scoring blade in my paper trimmer.

I ended up with a Perfect Plum and Pale Plum monochromatic card. I scored the top layer (are you tired of those yet? I'm not, you'll be seeing more I'm sure!). The flower is from Greenhouse Garden, a new set in this IBC. I used Pale Plum, Perfect Plum and Always Artichoke classic ink. The sentiment is from Oval All - I simply masked off the "frame" with masking tape. Super simple way to get only the image you want from a stamp.


Happy Stamping!

Gigi
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the new Greenhouse Garden set, its my new favorite. As always terrific card, Gigi. See ya soon.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Gigi! I bet Shelli is giving us these challenges since they wanted demos to focus on the "workshop" as a business focus. I always forget to keep some cards simple and easy to do!

    Thanks for the inspiration!
    a

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card. Now I am kicking myself that this stamp set did not make the cut for the first order!

    ReplyDelete