8.16.2009

An afternoon in Italy

We celebrated at an engagement party this afternoon. My niece is engaged to a nice Italian boy and we had homemade pizzas, delish cannolis and a few shots of Sambuca! Sambuca on a Sunday.....not my usual afternoon but lots of fun!

This is the card I made for the happy couple. A bit of a departure from my normal style but I really wanted to use the new Hearts and Brackets die. The cardstock is Soft Sky, River Rock and Chocolate Chip. The DSP is from the (retired) Rose Cottage SSK. I used my new Eyelet Border punch (can you believe I just got it?).

The Hearts and brackets is a Bigz die so I was able to cut the shapes in chipboard then cardstock (you can't tell from the photo but they are Soft Sky). I adhered the cardstock to the chipboard with Tombow Multi Glue. I used my computer to print "Live, Laugh, Love" on the heart.

I am not sure I love the end result. It appeals to me in some ways, but not others. Whatever, this is the end result and I know my niece appreciates receiving a card made especially for her (and her guy).

Happy stamping!

Gigi
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it is different, but it is really nice. i was going to get that die set, but have not gotten around to that yet. You did nice work with it.

    ReplyDelete