8.06.2009

Happy Birthday Kirsten

This week is my BFF's birthday. We have been celebrating birthdays together since the 1st grade! I had alot of trouble coming up with a card and I am still not 100% sold on this one, although of all of efforts this was the best.

This is a Very Vanilla base topped with each a Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla layer. The image was inked up with Rose Red Classic Ink. I then removed the Rose Red from stems on rubber with a blender pen. The next step was to add the stems back by using my Chocolate Chip marker directly on the rubber. The sentiment was inked up with my Chocolate Chip marker.

I colored white half back pearls from the Pretties Kit by painting them with a mixture of Chocolate Chip re-inker and Crystal Effects. This technique is so easy, the hardest part if having the patience to let it dry completely before touching them! They add a nice little touch, but in real life they're kind of large for the scale of the card; I probably should have used the smaller ones.

Happy Stamping!

Gigi

Posted by Picasa


August 7th, 7:45 AM Edited

I changed it and I much prefer this version. Those pearls were just too big.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. You're too funny - always changing it at the last minute. :)

    I like both designs - and I didn't think the pearls were too big on the first one, either!!

    Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the pearls. But I think you are right the smallers ones would have been better scale.
    I love the card you ended up with. Upsy Daisy is always a winner in my books.

    ReplyDelete