6.16.2009

Welcome Baby Chase!

Baby Chase arrived a few weeks ago. A first great-grandchild for my parents and my sister's first grandchild. My own kids are 7 and 9 so it seems weird to me that I am a Great Aunt! But I am the youngest of 6 and came quite a bit after my sisters (although my Mother will swear that I was not an "opps"!), so this whole dynamic kind of makes sense! Its so fun to have a tiny sweet baby around at family gatherings; we do however fight over who gets to hold the little guy.

On to the card. I made this one to welcome baby Chase.

I had a few scraps of East Coast Prep (retired, I loved that paper for kids' cards) around so that became my inspiration. This is a Real Red textured 5-1/4" square base, layered with a 5-/8" square More Mustard. I added a layer of the Real Red under the DSP and added the white dots at the top and bottom of the card with my gel pen. The sentiment is from a Cornish Heritage Farms set and it is stamped on Whisper White with More Mustard and layered on a Real Red Scallop Oval.

I had some chipboard letters left from last October's SU regionals so I sponged Classic Real Red ink on them, then squished them into my Versamark pad and finally added a coat of clear embossing powder. I am not thrilled with the final color of the letters; they just aren't as bright as Real Red should look. But I didn't have enough of the letters I needed to redo them so I used them anyway.
The letters and the scallop oval are on dimensionals. I just realized that I usually don't mention when I've used dimensionals. Just assume that every card I make uses dimensionals; I can't create without them!

Welcome baby!

Gigi

2 comments:

  1. Great little boy card. Those letters do not look very Real Red to me at all, more copper.
    We have a Chase in our family too, but he stopped being 'Baby Chase' a long time ago

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to ask you, for the framed tree art by your front door, how big are the 4 openings in the mat that came with the frame? I really want to recreate that for myself, but don't want to get the 'wrong' frame. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete